APEX Foundation

Paid Work Experience in the UK

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 by

A screenshot of Work Experience UK 2011 - Level 1 and 2 brochure.

Work Experience UK 2011

The 2011 program selection is taking shape! Just have a look in the Programs section. We’ve got new info and prices from most sponsors. And just to share with you what’s coming up, here’s another sneak peek! Work Experience programs, or programmes in proper English, are the closest thing to what many of you know from the USA as Work Travel.

The good news is that they are not limited just to students, so if you finished your school or have friends who are not students and would like to go, the opportunity is here. Level 1 is straight “work travel”, while Level 2 can be an internship for somebody who studied a hotel school, or hotel management. The programs also aren’t just for the summer! You can stay for as much as one year.

In their pure form, these programs are available only for EU citizens, or for non-EU citizens who are already studying in the UK on the Tier 4 General Student Visa. Which tells you what non-EU citizens must do to take part ;-) They have to take an English course in order to have the General Student Visa to take part in the Work Experience programs.

So if you or your non-EU friends want to take an English course anyway, why not combine it with paid work and help cover the cost! Say tuned and share with your friends :-)

Questions? Ask below :-) In English, please.

APEX Foundation